We want to thank everyone for coming out to our South American wine tasting this past week. We had a great turn out to listen to two guest speakers representing two South American wineries, both under the same company: Carolina Wine Brands. Jose Salman represented the Finca El Origin winery from Argentina and Inigo Artiagoitia represented Santa Carolina winery located in Chile. The big winners of the night were the Malbecs and the Pinot Noir.
Keep an eye out for our next tasting event coming up in the middle of March. See you then.
We want to thank everyone for coming out to our January wine tasting event. The focus was on the dually-named Syrah/Shiraz varietal. The wines were tasted and discussed as follows:
- McPherson Shiraz 2013 – S. E. Australia
- First Drop “Mother’s Milk” Shiraz 2013 – Barossa, Australia
- Robert Hall Syrah 2013 – Paso Robles, CA
- Owen Roe “Ex Umbris” Syrah 2013 – Colombia Valley, WA
- Francois Villard “Marlaint” 2012 – St. Joseph, N. Rhone, France
- E. Guigal 2012 – Crozes-Hermitage, N. Rhone, France
We had a great attendance and the wines all shown excellently. See you at the next event!